Just got out of the movie and for something that was
supposed to take my mind OFF serious topics, it had the opposite effect. I nosedived neatly into a visual masterpiece
of emotion. I have never heard the story
or read the book, I had no idea it was about a young boy from India. ::gulp:: Or that the opening theme song would
sound so much like Lata Mangeshkar reminding me of the melodious overture of my
chaotic childhood. Through magnificent
3D technology I visited my ancestors country immersed in the colors and
majestic visions of India.
I thought, great choice Shanti, and was immediately reminded of what Crystal Andrus often says, what you resist, persists. Okay, I emotionally buckled myself in for the ride, no coincidences. The movie was definitely a visual feast, but that was not all. It was spiritually provocative. Pi, named for a gorgeous ‘pool’ in France is a truly open soul (much more than most) who sees the dots that connect and only his mom seems to understand his sensitive nature. Pi has a strong desire to understand and come to terms with the illogical and sometimes unfair circumstances in life. He is convinced that all animals have souls, because he’s looked into their eyes and seen it, and that “Richard Parker” the tiger can be his friend, and is not just a beast as his father had told him.
A series of unfortunate events take place and Pi’s faith,
endurance and tenacity are tested and instead of withdrawing from Source, he
surrenders to the journey and the powers that be (raises eyebrow, coincidences
me arse)
Surrender to the journey eh…
Pi screams out to the heavens at one point, “ I have lost
everything and given myself to you, what more do you want from me.”
What magnificent wonders lay in the barren lands of our lives, just waiting to be discovered, we are in such a hurry to bypass the not so wonderful aspects of life that we rush by and never notice the terrain. There are so many nuances of wonder that are there for the noticing and taking, even in the uncertainty there is beauty.
What magnificent wonders lay in the barren lands of our lives, just waiting to be discovered, we are in such a hurry to bypass the not so wonderful aspects of life that we rush by and never notice the terrain. There are so many nuances of wonder that are there for the noticing and taking, even in the uncertainty there is beauty.
When Richard Parker and Pi, part ways, Pi’s eyes fill up
with tears and he is choked by emotion not because their journeys’ have
separated but because there was never a goodbye, no closure, no chance to give
proper due and respect to their path together.
::clears throat:: yup no coincidences … I think that is part of the
reason why Darsh’s death is so hard for me, no preparation, no I love you …
goodbye. No chance to tell her how much
she was and is a part of my being. I
sobbed quietly in the last row of the theater feeling my aunt very much next
to me.
Did mention I took myself to the arcade since I was early
for the movie <smiles> and that I took myself to dinner after, using my
waitresses pad to write all of this down in a frenzy. Did I mention that I tonight was alone BUT oh
so NOT lonely??? That I am grateful for the faith both I and the universe have
in me.
My cup runneth over.
Now into pj’s cuz WELL it’s almost PJ SUNDAY AND I DON’T WORK OUT
TODAY..booyah babies.. I’m getting rest!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment