I’m not the same, I’ve changed
I know your eyes cannot see
The powerful butterfly wings of eternity
that have broken the cage, the cage without a k key
She no longer exists
She is now gone from here
I have nothing left to prove
In my spirit, the mirror is clear
I won’t even try to convince you,
You will have to see for yourself,
If you ever loved me enough
To now make that attempt
I had to get up and try,
It did take a brave girl to get here
Not one afraid to cry
Not one afraid of her shadows
Or even that she might die
I stood alone with the darkness
Looked into my own abyss
Understood the demons that lived there
And still made a choice to live
Was it ever so seductive
to set up shop in the dark
never have to root in the wounds
make a fire out of a spark
I had to get up and try,
It did take a brave girl to get here
Not one afraid to cry
Not one afraid of her shadows
Or even that she might die
There were incentives
To fly towards the light
A chance to break chains
Help our children shine bright
I did not expect it to be easy
Nothing of worth ever is
but, I am made of stronger stuff,
Armor made of Kelvalr, dig?
I am woman enough to do this
Goddess enough to try
I won’t ever go back to pity party
That caused me to dim my light
If you love me, you’d want to know that
Get to know the me, I’ve always been
Minus the lies, acting, blame and shame
That have always been associated with my name
I had to get up and try,
It did take a brave girl to get here
Not one afraid to cry
Not one afraid of her shadows
Or even that she might die


No comments:
Post a Comment