So I've had a few schizophrenic loved ones, and I must
admit, I've always been curious. Like all up in their grills wanting to
understand the experience of hearing voices.
Clearing my throat, I would ask, “ummm what do they say” or “how do they
sound” … pfft. Lemme be honest, I hear
voices all of the time, now granted they are not OTHER voices, but they are
indeed voices. For me, it’s the voice
that says… Shanti, WTF are you doing??? What happened??? Changed your mind????
Again??? AT 46???
So there I am today, again on the Katy Trail, (God Bless the
Katy Trail) fo REAL! I was thinking as I
was re-listening to 3 of the “I can do it” talks, absorbing Ms. Gabby
Bernstein, Anita Moorjani and Dr. Wayne Dyer again, and having them reiterate
what I know to be true, that we are ALWAYS loved, no matter what we do, no
matter what we chose, no matter if we have road rage in the morning or
not. Whether we turn off onto what others
perceive is the bravest road we can take or we divert onto a path only we can
understand… it is what IT IS. The shame
and the blame… nu uh. USELESS. Wasted energy, but still there’s no judgment
in that either, it’s what we were trained to do, and what we now choose to ‘retrain’
…
So there I was thinking of how I came to be on this journey,
and how I realized that I don’t want to be the absentee Grandmother who sees
her grandchildren once a year. I bitched
and moaned FOR YEARS that I wanted a tribe, a family… then I turned around and
saw… my little tribe. I saw it in my
grandchildren’s faces when they talked to me on skype. I felt it in the wistful tugging of my heart
as I watched my two youngest grandpeeps playing, smiling, beaming, but.. but..
I want to be a part of that.
So there I was conflicted with all the voices up in my
brain. Shanti, isn't it your job to go …
be the change… is/was that location
specific?? I can be the change anywhere
right…so what was I looking for??? ME..and I’m everywhere! <so are you>
There is massive turmoil in our world. I can feel it, before the news reports it, my
energy feels ‘twisted’ … well no matter what it is, coming, going, shifts,
changes…. I want to be able to throw my arms around the little people and be
there. So, do you hear the voices and the naysayers?? I think that’s the ego, fearful of not being
needed, anxious at the thought that passion is leading. IF we do something because we believe we’re
obligated, and not for the joy of it, I think it loses the power of love.
My/our only obligation is to be happy, and that may twist
and turn like the currents of life’s rivers.
My understanding is that we’re exactly where we’re meant to be, doing
exactly what we need to do, so let’s just breathe into it, maybe we all don’t
know ‘together’ … maybe we’re all just finding our way one brave step at a
time.
I don’t believe in failure, I believe it happens the way it’s
supposed to even when we cannot make sense of it, in the ‘now’ness.
So those voices… yea lovely… thank you but ummm I got this,
and since we cannot fail at what god/dess has sent us here to do, it’s all good…
onward and upward!!! Does a muppet shut
the mouth motion at the ego!!! Yuh!!




Pure AWEsome!
ReplyDeleteOh thank you, Christine....means SO much to me!
DeleteThank you for sharing your most intimate thoughts with us...you are a warrior Goddess like no other! Love you so much--keep shining Shanti SiSTAR! <3
ReplyDeleteThank you Jessica for being you. I love you like crazy!
ReplyDelete