Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Resplendently ME!!!!!

Massive layer shedding, as I took myself and splurged on two workout outfits at Old Navy, been walking the Katy Trail almost every day and well <clears throat> there has been chafing in these here parts… blink blink I’ve always been more than content to work out in old baggy cut up t shirts and old worn out yoga pants or shorts, but due to the severe temperature change and readjustment to more intense workouts my body is bitching. 


I bought bright pink and turquoise… so outside of my comfort zone.  Do you have any darker than black, please?  I can so feel my aunt, Darsh, laughing, applauding or both… smh.   Went back to the house preparing for my walk and took a glance in the mirror <did I mention that an ENTIRE wall is made of mirrors… gulp> I stopped in my tracks and thought shit.. shit… there’s lumps and rolls showing.  GULP.  Contemplated exchanging them all for BLACK, and asked myself, just who I am hiding from?  IF I am truly embracing authenticity, this is where I am RIGHT now. 

Am I at my perfect fitness level… no.  Am I as tight and toned as I would like… no.  BUT, so the fuck what??? I AM a divine goddess creatrix no matter WHAT, so I embraced my bravery and my courage and walked out of the house ala Cleopatra.  

As I roamed around in the extreme heat of Dallas <gps’ing myself with my phone… yay> got my eyebrows threaded, and getting my 12,000 steps in, I pondered….  Do we, ‘did I’ shame myself (ourselves) for so many years because it was socially expected that I (we) should want to hide my body???  Was I more accepted because I was trying to fit myself into the perfect cookie cutter/ sheeple wanna be?  Did I dim the bodacious light of MY soul and BODY to make other’s feel comfortable… surrendering to the abyss, cuz it was safer?  Who said we all have to look alike, why is long and lean so acceptable, what’s up with us fertility goddess shapes… we are ‘drawn’ that way…. and that is PERFECTLY MAGNIFICENT. 



So I sashayed my ever decreasing ass all over Dallas, getting both darker AND more radiant with each step… so what the active tank I bought is more form fitting than anything in a LONG time, maybe I’m done with being part of the woodwork, ha.. maybe I am ready to spread my wings, rising into the air, a resplendent, transcendent goddess. 

I will hide NO longer.  I am HERE, and HERE IS FANfuckingTABULOUS!!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment